2020 Enhance Hamilton County Foundation Grant Cycle
- Grant application deadline for consideration is 5 PM on December 31, 2019. Applications received after 5 PM are considered late and will not be considered for funding.
- To submit a grant application, submit one copy electronically by 5 pm on December 31, 2019, to Darcy Swon, Development Director, at email@example.com. One hard copy of the application must be mailed to or dropped off at the Enhance Hamilton County Foundation offices at 501 Bank Street, Webster City, IA 50595. The hard copy of the application can be mailed after the electronic copy has been sent. The electronic copy of the application needs to received by the deadline to meet application requirements.
- All grant applications must be typed. No handwritten applications will be accepted.
- All grantees must be a 501(c) (3) or a 170 (c) (1) governmental entity or have a fiscal sponsor who will be legally and financially responsible for the grant and fiscal management.
- An agency may have only one current grant at a time in process. Organizations with previous grants not completed cannot apply for this year’s grant cycle.
- Fiscal agents can sponsor more than one project and submit a project of their own.
- All grantees must agree to a visit by an Enhance Hamilton County Foundation Board Member(s).
- All grantees must recognize the Enhance Hamilton County Foundation as a funder. This can be done through print media, radio, social media, posters, signage at the project site, website, etc.
- Grant requests cannot exceed 50% of the total grant project budget.
- Grant projects that are not completed within the time frame must return all grant funding.
- Grantees needing extended time to complete their project must send a Grant Extension Request to Darcy Swon, Enhance Hamilton County Foundation Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Foundation office at 515-835-0437.
- Grants will be awarded for nine (9) months. Projects requiring more than nine months should indicate the need for additional time in the grant application.
- Grant update reports must be completed on time. Incomplete grant reports could result in ineligibility to receive grant funding for the next years grant cycle(s). The due dates for emailed status reports include:
- Three month progress report—June 2020
- Six month progress report—September 2020
- A final report must be submitted by December 31, 2020. If the project cannot be completed by December 31, 2020, a grant recipient can request an extension on the project via email stating the reasons the project is not complete and when completion is anticipated. In that case, a written report is required upon completion of the project.
- No Organizational Budget is required at the time of the application submission but may be requested upon grant application review.
- If your organization is asked to meet with the Grant Review Committee, the meetings will be held the week of January 21, 2020.
- All grantees will receive notification indicating the status of their grant funding by February 15, 2020.
- Grant monies will be distributed at an event to be held the first week of March 2020 at a location to be announced.
2020 Grant Application Overview and Checklist (PDF)
Review for complete grant application guidelines.
2020 Grant Organization Story
Tell us your organization’s story.
2020 Grant Application (writeable PDF)
Open the PDF, click on the fields, type in the information, save the file and submit.
2020 Grant Application (Word Document)
2020 Grant Scoring Rubric